New game idea collection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tradeskills

2 posters

Go down

Tradeskills Empty Tradeskills

Post by Bl00D4NGEL Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:41 pm

This post is supposed to be a general overview oh what tradeskills might or might not be introduced to the game

Woodcutting

Woodcutting is supposed to give basic wood and materials from trees etc.

This trade will drop items like:

• Different sort of Logs (Birch, Pine etc.)
  • Roots
  • Branches
  • Leaves ( Maybe in Collecting? Collect old leaves from cut down trees?)
  • Sirup

Tool for this tradeskill would be an axe or something of the like

Fishing

Fishing is supposed to give all sorts of different fishes along with other stuff from the sea.
This trade  will drop items like:

• Fishes (Salmon, Trout, Bass etc.)
  • Clams, Crabs
  • Algas and other plant-ish stuff
  • (Junk like old boots?)

Tool for this tradeskill would be fishing rods, maybe nets (Perhaps I could make it so nets will only fish specific fish, but that's up for later)

Mining

Mining will mainly be there to collect ores and gems etc.

This trade  will drop items like:

• Ores (Copper, Tin etc.)
  • Gems (Ruby, Emerald etc.)
  • Stone Types (Cobblestone, Marble etc.)

Tool for this skill will be a Pickaxe or a drill.
Perhaps I could add something like torches or similar to enable Mining in specific areas that are too dark to mine in otherwise.

Gathering / Collecting

Gathering / Collecting will probably contain finding various items that are needed to combine stuff etc.

This trade will drop items like:

• Mushrooms
  • Herbs
  • Spores / Seeds

Tool for this tradeskill I'm not sure right now. Maybe magnifying lenses?

Bl00D4NGEL
Admin

https://game-alternative.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Tradeskills Empty Re: Tradeskills

Post by Bl00D4NGEL Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Tradeskill: Spell Enhancing

This skill will be used to upgrade / refine already existing spells.
So for example you got a healing spell that currently heals 10 HP.
By using materials found from Gathering / Fishing we can "upgrade" this spell to heal 15 HP.

This skill will have the chance to fail to upgrade the spell resulting in the loss of materials used but nothing else, the item stays the same.

An item already upgraded can be upgraded "again".
But it will only increase to it's base maximum.

Example:
So let's say we got the 10 HP Heal again.
The maximum value it can heal will be 15 HP and someone "rolled" a 12 HP heal on it, if the player upgrades this spell he will only be able to upgrade it to the maximum of 15 HP.

This upgrade system could also be made linearly so you can only get + x % of the base at once per upgrade so you will need a total of 5 upgrades to get to the maximum, each upgrade being harder to achieve

Bl00D4NGEL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaize_ Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:10 am

General thought on tradeskills:
1. I like how Goz tried to make it so different tradeskills weren't just the 'same timer with a different name'.  So logging = high % of grey drops + fewer drops, gathering = wide spread of drops, AR = high chance of 'you found nothing' and so on.  

Specific thoughts based on your list:
1. Woodcutting - Looks ok for now.
2. Fishing - Getting things like junk may make inventory an issue unless it stacks up, and may not be very fun to sell off junk all the time.  Pearls as a rare drop that sometimes comes with clams?  Require boats / dock fees / etc... for catching bigger more interesting (higher level) fish? (harpoons for whaling or something Smile ).
3. Mining - I like your idea for torches...maybe a 'misc' slot for items that can assist tradeskills (like the boat I mentioned for fishing, torch for mining, crystal ball for spell enchanting)
4. Gathering / Collecting - Tool - basket? (helps you hold all your stuff)
5. Spell Enhancing - Think you have a good idea to work with here.

Jaize_

Back to top Go down

Post by Bl00D4NGEL Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Jaize_ wrote:General thought on tradeskills:
1. I like how Goz tried to make it so different tradeskills weren't just the 'same timer with a different name'.  So logging = high % of grey drops + fewer drops, gathering = wide spread of drops, AR = high chance of 'you found nothing' and so on.  

Specific thoughts based on your list:
1. Woodcutting - Looks ok for now.
2. Fishing - Getting things like junk may make inventory an issue unless it stacks up, and may not be very fun to sell off junk all the time.  Pearls as a rare drop that sometimes comes with clams?  Require boats / dock fees / etc... for catching bigger more interesting (higher level) fish? (harpoons for whaling or something Smile ).
3. Mining - I like your idea for torches...maybe a 'misc' slot for items that can assist tradeskills (like the boat I mentioned for fishing, torch for mining, crystal ball for spell enchanting)
4. Gathering / Collecting - Tool - basket? (helps you hold all your stuff)
5. Spell Enhancing - Think you have a good idea to work with here.

2:
I like the idea of boats etc for Fishing but that wouldn't really fit into the scale of "tools" or "misc" items.

Boats etc might be some extra feature
Multiple people can work together to create a boat, using skills like constrution, smithing and other things to help out fishers get new fish (specific areas)
The only "misc" thing I could see here would be a boat ticket or something, this ticket could "level" or be "upgraded" with gold or by fish cought.

4:
Basksets sounds like cool tools
Maybe a basket and bagpack as a tool "combination" and magnifying lenses as the "misc" item

5:
The Spell Enhancing could also be done to Armor

Bl00D4NGEL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bl00D4NGEL Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Tradeskill: Slayer

First of all: Yes this tradeskill will have (a lot) of similarities to the Runescape skill and I might come up with a better name eventually.

Slayer is supposed to give you assignments to kill x amount of a specific type of monster.
So as an example a "Slayer Task" would be to kill 15 level 10 monster or to kill 35 monsters in location x.
Each kill would reward you with experience in the Slayer skill and each task would give you something, too.
Maybe an own currency (slayer points, just as in Runescape) or "bonus" things for other tradeskills.

There will be no explicit tool for this, but eventually I might add in specific items for specific monster (for example you need a specific hammer to kill creatures on some random island, but those creatures also give better items / exp / gold whatsoever, but that's nothing for right now)

To add onto the own currency, there would be a shop to spend those points in, for maybe chat emotes and other things --- maybe give players the oppurtunity to boost their "drop luck" for the next x kills or whatever sounds somewhat balanced to me but you get the point.

Bl00D4NGEL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bl00D4NGEL Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Tradeskill: Alchemy

This tradeskill will mostly focus on creating spells and other magic-related things like potions, shield buffs etc.

For example this spell could be used to create (more) powerful spells than dropped by monsters and they might even have a higher "cap" in spell enhancing.
Also those spells would give much more materials if you would "dismantle" them, kinda like disenchanting, if I implement something like that.

Materials of Fishing and Collecting will be the main materials for this skill.

Possibly, this skill could go hand in hand with Spell Enhancing -- create an item in Alchemy that is needed in order to enhance a skill or similar combinations are also possible.

Tools for this skill are Wands and Rods (Like witches, hehehe)
Misc items? Maybe some things that witches usually carry around - spider legs oder an eyeball maybe?

Bl00D4NGEL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaize_ Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm

I wouldve thought wand and rod for spell enhancing and like a cauldron or mortar and pestle for alchemy. I'm glad you're going to branch it out more than Drakor's alchemy.

Having not played Runescape since they added Slayer, is it a completely separate skill from combat or is it a combat replacement? You don't gain combat xp while leveling Slayer? If separate, are the quests scaled based on combat level?

Jaize_

Back to top Go down

Post by Bl00D4NGEL Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Slayer works like the following in Runescape:
You go to a "Slayer Master" which then assigns you a task to kill monsters.
You can kill them whenever you want, for each kill you gain experience in the slayer skill. you also get the normal combat experience.
If you finish killing the amount of monster the Slayer Master told you to, you gain slayer points which in return can be used to skip tasts or buy nifty little upgrades you then need to get a new task from the slayer master and then repeat the process.

EDIT: I do like your idea of rods and wands for spell enhancing and pestle and mortar and cauldraun for alchemy Smile

Bl00D4NGEL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum